Friday, August 28, 2009

Punishment for a Cheating Husband (NOT my opinion!)

I was in the car with my mother today running errands with her and we started listening to the Rick & Bubba radio show. Well, one subject that came up that was quite odd was the punishment a man received after his wife found out that he had been cheating on her. Apparently she found text messages that proved he had been cheating on her, so she decided to publicly humiliate him. She made him stand out on the corner of one of the busiest street intersections in their town with a sign that said "I cheated. This is my punishment." The first question that popped into my mind was "how could she MAKE him do anything?" But then the show hosts went on to say that the man had actually AGREED to do the punishment!! This made me think that either (A) the man didn't care if he cheated on his wife then or if he did it again and (B) he was just so distressed that he would do anything to save his marriage with his wife. I hope it is the second but I really don't know. I also wondered how a woman could put her husband through such public humiliation. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not defending what he did at all, but if the wife really wanted to save her marriage with him she wouldn't have publicly humilated him either. Rick and Bubba said it clear enough this morning. They said sonething along the lines of this, "it makes me wonder if she wanted to publicly humiliate him and then divorce him because if she really cared about her marriage she would have privately forgave him and they could have worked things out. But the humilation makes me wonder how they could try and rebuild a marriage while the whole town knows about his infidelity. A punishment like that could possibly have to make you move and if you didn't it would make it hard to have to live there still married." While the punishment was quite unique for a cheating husband, I think it was a little bit too drastic and the punishment should have been of a private matter, not involving the community.

HERE'S THE LINK TO A NEWS VIDEO ABOUT IT!

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/55476887.html

No comments:

Post a Comment