Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"What are you more afraid of madame, that I am common or that I am competition?!"

What can I say about my favorite movie? Well, first I would have to pick a favorite. I've been a movie fanatic for a couple of years now and frankly, it's hard to narrow down the list to just one specific movie. I guess I could pick the one that I could quote to you back and forth, even while sleeping. "Ever After" is a fantastic version of the cinderella story. Drew Barrymore plays the main character of Danielle and portrays the daughter of a deceased man living with her stepmother and two stepsisters in her home. I'm assuming everyone knows the story of cinderella and so I'm not going to waste time by explaining the plot line of the movie because its exactly the same! But I guess what I love so much about the movie is how eloquently people talked in that time period (which was probably the late 18th century.) There was no "yo dawg, waz up" crap, it was more like "how are you feeling today, my lady?" The language is beautiful in its wording and expresses such class that I just wish we all talked that way today. However, we all know if I went around talking like that, people would assume I was nuts and then I would definately have no social life at all. This is going to sound so odd to most of you that read this, but I also love that the men bow and the women courtsey to each other. The modesty and respect these people held in this time period for each other is astonishing. You didn't even have to like the person, but you still showed them enough respect as a human being to courtsey or bow when encountering them anywhere. This movie portrays this time period so exactly! I would recommend this movie to anyone looking for a good chick flick or just to watch a good movie. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed if you do.

P.S.-The title of this blog was inspired by a quote from the movie! :D

1 comment:

  1. I love that movie! I watch it on DVD all the time.

    ReplyDelete