Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

For thanksgiving, I was really looking forward to my mom cooking dinner for my family. I was all excited until my mom dropped the news that we were going to my grandma's for thanksgiving instead. She had gotten friday off from work and suggested we just leave early to come down here instead of waiting until friday morning. I felt bad for my dad and brother who didn't get to come because they were going to have a football weekend. (The Iron Bowl was on and so was the Prattville High Game.) So they just decided to go to Golden Corral for dinner, and then go to a movie. Me and my mother, however, made our trek down to my grandma's...starting at 5:30am. Let me just say, I was DEAD tired all day. When we got here, we had to go to church (because my grandma is crazy religious, and because we are catholic) to give thanks to God for all he has blessed us with. After that, dinner was started and made and we finally got to eat around 2:00pm. Everybody was starving but it was a pretty good dinner. Now I was kind of being a pessimist because I had really wanted to stay home and spend it with my immediate family and my boyfriend, but I finally perked up after dinner. I guess I just needed some food to calm me down. But after dinner, we had dessert (of course) which consisted of pecan pie and pumpkin pie. Then, out of the blue, my mom and cousin decided to go on a walk. Well the walk consisted of a path that travelled over the entire Biloxi bridge and back. The whole walk was about 6 miles total. OK, for someone who doesn't exercise avidly, it was a god-aweful long walk. It lasted approximately 1 hour and 32 mins (only because I was keeping close time.) When I woke up this morning, I was so sore and still am. It's painful having to work off what you eat during the holidays. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment