Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Day I Got to Dress Up as Chef Marco!

Today I got to dress up as the mascot for Marco's Pizza. The mascot is Chef Marco, a funny little italian man with a huge italian mustache! The weather was cool with an undertone of heat. I suited up in the costume and was pumped that I was actually going to get paid to stand on the side of the road and act like a fool, all in the name of attracting costumers. Well the suit consisted of giant felt shoes, giant felt pants, giant felt hands, a giant felt chef jacket, and a giant (I mean giant) head. It was so cool but I knew it was going to get hot, so I had to be careful not to get too overheated. To make it worse, the fan that was supposed to be in the head was no where to be seen, so the only ventilation was coming from the eye holes. I finally went out to the road with the help of one of my co-workers and got my groove on. I was swinging my arms from side to side, jumping up and down, wiggling my hips, and acting crazy just to get drivers attentions. Now, its probably not a good idea to distract drivers attention during rush hour, but it apparently worked. I got honks and shouts and stupid comments from the fine citizens of Prattville. I took a small break to cool down from all of my hoopla, and then went back out for a short time. I didn't get as enthusiastic the second time because I was just downright tired. However, all my hard work seemed to pay off. I went back in to find a family sitting at a table and my managers joked that I was scaring the childern (even though I was doing nothing). They told us that, in fact, they had come there because of me. They had seen me out there and wondered what Marco's was and decided to order it for dinner. I also found out that they were getting calls and walk ins like crazy because of my work. I was so happy that I had actually done some good while being crazy! I love my job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment