Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Weather

The fall weather that has descended upon us has been absolutely wonderful! I can not express how much joy the cold weather brings to me. I love the smell of the crisp air in the morning, compared to the muggy mornings of the summer. I also love the smell of burning leavings, which seems to bring back some kind of odd feeling as if I know that smell from some other time. It's the perfect weather to go hiking and strolling and other kinds of outdoor activities. I love trying to run in the winter because first, I am not a runner, and second, its fun to see how far I can get in the cold weather compared to the hot weather. The best kind of fall days are the ones where the sun is shining, there are no clouds in the sky, and the trees are all changed to red, orange, and yellow. That's another thing I love about the fall. The landscape changes to a beautiful array of colors that one doesn't see in the summer or spring. True the leaves are dying, but I love the rich colors of fall and I love wearing them too (with the exception of yellow lol). I told my boyfriend, who is originally from Maine, how much I thought we should go hiking and he said "yea, so my crotch can freeze off!" I think it is the best time to hike because its not too hot and not too cold. The sight of the air puffing out of my mouth is when I know its my season. I love the fall and would live in fall all year long if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment