Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Future According to Me

Where do I see myself in 5 years? Well frankly, I see myself still in school. Since a bachelors and masters in psychology will get you almost nowhere in the field, I will be heading towards my doctorate. I also see (hopefully) settling down with a husband, but no kids yet because they hinder things too much. Lol, just kidding kind of.

In ten years, I see me settled down with a kid or two and having a really good job or the beginning or a really good job and a doctorates degree. That's right, you can just go ahead and call me Dr. Ricker (lol). I also hope that I will have a steady income so that I can support myself and my family, if I have one. But in ten years alot could happen and I don't know exactly where my life will take me. It could happen that it turns out to be exactly the opposite of what I expect, but I hope not.

In 20 years, I plan to have had all the kids I am going to have (hopefully no more than 4) and building up my career. I don't know what area of psychology I want to go into, but recently, I've been looking into nueropsychology, which studys the brain and behavior. It sounds so interesting and after ten or more years in the field, I could be making more than $100,000. The starting salary was already at $60,000 to $80,000. I also hope to have good benefits with my job so that I wont have to worry about healthcare and all that jazz.

Mainly for the future, I just want to be happy and have a career that I enjoy going to each day and not have the same "oh great, I get to go to work today" attitude. I know I hope for alot for my future and that most likely, majority of what I want won't happen. But I have to try, right? Of course! Well, off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment