Monday, September 28, 2009

Halloween Then and Now


Halloween was my second favorite holiday of the year. Not only did you get to dress up as something you weren't, you also got candy for it! I loved it. Some of the costumes I remember wearing were a power ranger, a clown, a cheerleader, and a harry potter character. When I lived in the townhouse complex, we would go around the different sections of the neighborhood and knock on the doors with the porch lights on. I was scared of alot of things as a kid. We used to go to this homemade haunted garage thing, and boy did it scare the living crap outta me! There was a person being operated on, fake blood everywhere, people screaming and it was just horrible. All the scary costumes scared me too, especially if I didn't know that it was going to scare me. I'm still scared to go in haunted houses these days, even though I know they are fake. This year, I am invited to my best friend Stephanie's halloween party. I'm super excited about her party even though I know I will know about zero people there, excluding her and one other person. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to dress up as. I finally decided that I was going to dress up as a 50's pin up doll! I went this weekend to get the costume together and it looks amazing. I bought a black and cream with red strips plaid dress from walmart for the 50's look. I then bought thigh high panty hose with the lace at the top for the "sexy" part of the costume. (however, you can only see the lacey part if i pull my dress up, which is not going to happen. lol) I already have black heels to wear and now I just have to figure out how to do my hair in a fifties style. I'm super duper excited for this costume and party.

No comments:

Post a Comment