Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh Elementary School, How I Do Miss Thee...

There are some things I remember from elementary school that still make me look back and smile. I went to JP Ryon elementary in Waldorf, MD and I loved it. The teachers were all great and I loved going to school, which makes me the nerd I am today. I remember one teacher, Mrs. Proctor, who was my kindergarden teacher. She was so much fun but for some reason I had the scariest dream about her. I dreamed that she was the big bad wolf from the three little pigs story and that she was trying to kill me. In real life, she was just as nice as could be. But I also remember my favorite teacher from elementary school, Mrs. Talley. She was my third grade teacher and she was such an amazing teacher, that I didn't really want to leave her class. But she had this method of teacher us our times tables. She would give a quiz every week on each set of the times table (one week would be the 1's table, then the 2's table and so on) and if we got them all right, we would get a star on the times table chart, saying we had accomplished it. If we had accomplished all the times tables up to 12, she would buy us a candy bar. That was just the coolest thing for a teacher to do at my age then. She was actually going to buy us candy for doing something we were supposed to learn anyways!!! She was the coolest, though I' m sure some people didn't like her because she did have her mean moments. I also remember the play ground. It was wooden for the first few years of elementary school, and by the fourth grade (our school only went up to the 5th grade for elementary) we had gotten a whole new playground! It was metal and colorful and so much fun. We had this awesome fire truck playset, a giant plastic tire swing, and swings galore. Needless to say, I had an awesome elementary experiance.

1 comment: