Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sonnet

I fell in love with you the moment you walked through my door the first day of freshman year.
I loved you when you waved and smiled while we walked home from the bus.
I loved you when you dated one of my best friends for about two days.
I loved you even when you ignored me in the hallways to keep your reputation.
I loved you when you hollered to me from your mother's bathroom window while I rode by on my bike.
I loved you when you bummed rides off of me instead of riding the bus.
I loved you when you defended me on the bus when a creepy guy kept staring at me.
I loved you when you always called me your best friend, even though you never hung out with me.
I loved you when you did not even knew I existed the last three years of high school.
I loved you when I left for college and knew I would not see you.
I loved you when the girl you fell in love with broke your heart and tried to hurt you.
I loved you when I moved back from college and went to a different one.
I loved you even when you threw parties behind your mother's back and destroyed things.

I love you when you say hello to me on campus.
I love you when you talk to me on facebook.
I love you at this very moment.
I love you now.
I love you forever.

Now I just need you to love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment